Terms and Conditions
1. Registrations, Pricing and Payment
- Registrations for the study program or workshops can be done online.
- The student also has the choice to sign a contract at the academy. Signing the study contract provides the advantage, that the student does not have to register for every single trimester.
- When registering for the flexible program, the chosen days and times are binding for the registered trimester. If the student has signed the study contract and wants to change the days and/or times for the next trimester he needs to do this 30 days before the next trimester starts – by email, mail or fax. If the student has registered online, he must do it again for the next trimesters.
- The students have to make sure to register 30 days before the next trimester starts. Registrations coming in after the deadline might be put on a waiting list for the next trimester.
- All registrations are binding. Available places will be assigned, following a strict order of received applications. Applicants, who are considered suitable but could not be admitted due to space restrictions, are placed in reserve on a waiting list.
- The Academy of Fine Art GmbH reserves the right to make any necessary changes in the academic calendar and the content, or to cancel a course due to reasons beyond control. The Academy of Fine Art GmbH reserves the right to make changes in its teaching staff when necessary. On local or national holidays, there will be no classes.
- Prices for the studies or workshops are valid as they are stated in the registration.
- All prices include the local taxes.
- Material costs are not included.
- The Academy of Fine Art GmbH reserves the right to make changes in the pricing.
- All changes will be published 6 months ahead.
- After successful registration, the students or participants will receive the invoice and material list.
- The payment is due 3 weeks before the trimester or workshop starts.
- The payment should be done via bank transfer to the Academy’s account.
- If agreed by both sides, the whole fee can be split into 3 payments within the trimester.
- The advanced payment stays unaffected in this case.
2. Cancellation of registration
The deadline to register for the study program or a workshop is 30 days before the trimester or the workshop starts. Any cancellation before the deadline can be done free of charge. Cancellations after the deadline but 15 or more days before the trimester or workshop starts will be charged 50 % of the total fee. Cancellations done after 15 days before the workshop or trimester starts will be fully charged without any refunds. Every cancellation has to be done in written form, either by email, mail or fax.
3. Conditions and behavior at the academy
Facility and use
All materials provided for use during classes (e.g. easels, boards, copies…) are property of the Academy of Fine Art GmbH and are not allowed to be taken home. The property of the Academy of Fine Art GmbH must be treated carefully. Every damage caused willingly, or by wrong use must be replaced by the student. The Academy of Fine Art GmbH reserves the right to take care of a proper replacement and charge the student for it.
Code of conduct
All students and workshop participants respect the policies of the Academy, its instructors, and the other students in the program. The following rules for correct behavior are:
- Every student or participant has to make sure to come to the classes on time. If not possible, it can happen that they must wait outside until the next break. This may be the fact especially during model classes.
- Eating in the studio is prohibited. Students can use the kitchen for their breaks. Drinks should be closed and put away to a safe spot close to the student’s working place.
- The student’s working place should be kept clean and free of any garbage. Make sure to put your garbage into the proper trash and used dishes into the dishwasher.
- Smartphones or any other mobiles must be switched to silent mode. Talking on the phone during classes is not allowed. For this, students have to go out of the studio.
- In general, the students should behave calm and respectful during classes so nobody feels disturbed. The students have to make sure to control the volume while listening to music over headphones.
- Alcohol or drugs are not allowed inside the Academy’s facilities.
- For a positive atmosphere, everybody in the academy is asked to be respectful. Suggestions, notifications or critiques should be discussed with the teacher or the advisory board.
If a student or workshop participant is not able to attend because of illness or other circumstances the Academy of Fine Art GmbH is not bound to refund the missed classes. Students from the flexible program might be able to reschedule their classes if a timespan on another day is available. Students should make a request for this at least 48 hours beforehand. Missed classes cannot be rescheduled into the next trimester.
4. Suspend a trimester
When having a signed study contract with the Academy of Fine Art GmbH, it is possible to suspend a trimester. During the standard study period of approx. 3 years the student is allowed to suspend in total 3 trimesters. For this, the student must inform the Academy of Fine Art GmbH by email, mail or fax 30 days before the next trimester starts.
5. Photos and Copyrights
During classes and workshops the Academy of Fine Art GmbH might be taking photos or videos for promotional purposes or documentation. They might be used for online purposes, for flyers or other promotional material of the Academy. If you are not willing to give us the right to use them, you must give us a written notification stating to be left out.
All the intellectual property rights of the available materials in classes and/or workshops are owned by the Academy of Fine Art GmbH. Copying any of these in whole or in part is strictly prohibited.
Photos and Videos taken by students inside our facilities may not be published or used in any other way without permission by the Academy of Fine Art GmbH.
6. Choice of Law
This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with German law.
Place of jurisdiction shall be Bad Homburg.
In case of doubt, only the original German version of these Terms & Conditions (AGB) is valid.
7. Choice of Law
Should individual terms of this Agreement be ineffective or lose their effectiveness due to later circumstances or should a loophole emerge in this Agreement, the legal effectiveness of the other provisions is not affected. The invalid contractual provision shall be replaced or the loophole filled by an appropriate provision, which comes as close as possible to what the parties to the Agreement would have wanted, had they considered the point.
Stand: November 2017